Upper Endoscopy and/or Endoscopic Ultrasound Preparation
DAY OF PROCEDURE
· No solid foods after midnight. Clear liquids only after midnight until 4 hours prior to your arrival time. You may consume water, black tea or coffee (no milk or creamer), broth or bouillon soup, clear juices such as apple, white grape or white cranberry, fruit-flavored drinks such as Crystal Light, Italian ices, Jell-O, popsicles, carbonated beverages, and sports drinks such as Gatorade, Powerade or Propel.
· Do not smoke or vape on the day of your procedure.
· Do not use any lotions, sprays, perfume/cologne, or deodorant the day of your procedure.
· Bring glasses, hearing aids, and dentures (no Fixodent or glue), insurance card, photo ID, and medication list with you to the procedure. Do not bring any jewelry or other valuables with you.
· You may wear contact lenses.
· Wear warm, loose-fitting comfortable clothing.
• You must arrive at the Surgery Center 60 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.
• You must have a responsible adult known to you drive you home. This cannot be a taxi, Uber, or bus unless there is a known responsible adult to accompany you.
If you are seeing:
Dr. Fernandez, Dr. Harris, Dr. Keith, or Dr. Trope, please go to:
Cape Health Surgery Center (Across the street from Cape Coral Hospital ER)
665 Del Prado Blvd. S,
Cape Coral, FL 33990
Dr. Barth or Dr. Rajca, please go to:
Fort Myers Surgery Center (Entrance is in back of building)
13051 University Dr., Suite 102
Fort Myers, FL 33907
You must arrive 60 minutes prior to your procedure time for pre-op paperwork and assessment.
Please see the Pre-Procedure Instructions for important information regarding your procedure. Please see the FAQs for answers to the most commonly asked questions regarding your instructions. Sign up or access the Patient Portal for results of procedures, check appointment times, and communicate with your care team.